Make Your USB Printer Wireless?
In this blog, we will learn how one can convert its printer from a USB connection into a wireless printer. If you do so than your printer can be connected to other computers which are also connected to your network.
But before converting your USB printer into wireless, you must have following things with you:
- A working and strong network which includes a wireless router.
- The name of your wireless network.
- And, if you are using a wireless password, make sure you know either the WEP key or WPA passphrase.
Stages of Wireless Conversion –
You can use any of the following steps, which includes:
- Use of the Host Computer.
- Using Printer Server.
- Setting up Printer and Software Utility.
- Use of Host Computer –
In this method, we will try connecting your printer to the computer which you want to use as a host. Also, you will be able to use an internet connected computer to act as a wireless source for your printer.
- Connect your printer to the computer using USB cable.
- Now, turn on the printer.
- Follow the instructions to install and download the required software.
- Click on the start menu, open control panel.
- Now click on the Network and Internet. Click on the Network and Sharing Center.
- It’s time to Change the Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Now, you have to go to the Devices and Printers section.
- When you click on Printer Properties a new window will open.
- Now, click on the sharing tab, to check the share the printer box, then click on the apply button then click ok.
- And, it’s time to connect printer to the current computer (connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the host computer.).
- Using Printer Server –
For a wireless router: You can use either a cabled printer server or wireless print server.
For a Cabled Router: You will need a cabled printer server.
- Connect the printer server to the printer using a USB.
- In case, if you are using a wired device then you have to connect the print server to your router connection using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, you have to install the software on your computer to configure the connection.
- The last step is to turn on the printer and the print server.
- Connect your computer to the printer.
You can also use a wireless printer adapter for connecting your printer wirelessly.
- Setting up Printer and Software Utility –
- Simply, click on the printer’s name
- Click onto your printer to open printer assistance.
- Click on the utilities.
- Press printer setup and software
- Now, the final step is to click on convert the USB connected printer to wireless. And launch the utility.
Conclusion – All the methods discussed above are used by millions of people daily. Thus these are reliable steps you can use to make your printer wireless. But, if you want to use the help of HP Printer Repair Birmingham then you must call on the toll-free number – +1(877) 894-5316. Feel free to call anytime anywhere because they have 24/7 running customer support service and available online assistance.