Learn to Connect your Printer & the Computer via USB Cable?
Printers are quite useful machinery. It is basically an output device that prints the data from the computer and print the same on the paper. Printers are basically differentiated on two bases: Inkjet and laser. Both kinds of printers have their own utilities, purposes and specialties.
As the technology advancing, now there are both kinds of printers wireless and wired one. But wireless ones are the most in demand. They are portable; come in various sizes, and can easily connect to any computer.
In today’s article we will help you learn – how to connect your printer and computer using USB cables.
You can follow the steps and do it on your own or you can get the nearest HP printer repair near you.
Here, let’s start,
Connecting the Wireless Printer to Your Computer –
The very common step is to place your computer/PC or laptop at a place where you got proper internet signals. This will help your computer to connect to wireless router easily.
Also, make sure that your printer is getting power supply and its Ethernet cable is also connected to the router.
You can easily form the wireless connection either by changing wired one into the wireless or directly executing the wireless connection.
To perform some specific setup, you have to check for the manual instructions given in your printer and if not then you can download them from your manufacturer’s website.
Now, you have to complete the wireless setup on the user interface of your printer. Or you can directly connect your printer to your MAC or Windows computer, PC or laptop and then change it into wireless network.
Here we go,
- Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.
- The first step is to ensure that your computer is on and connected to the internet.
- Now, turn on your printer.
- The third step is to connect a USB cable to the USB port available on the front side of your printer and connect it to your computer.
- Now, it’s time for you to test the connection. Simply, give the command to print a test document and check if it’s working or not.
If it’s working then you are good to go with. And, if not then you can learn to do the same as per your Windows installation. You can also contact the HP Printer Repair Mobile in your favorite web browser.
- Connecting USB connection in Windows 10 & Windows 8 –
You have to install the built-in printer driver for setting up a USB connection with your Windows 10 or Windows 8.
- Now, search for the control panel and open it.
- Click on the devices and printer’s option and press add a printer button.
- Click adding a printer.
- Click on adding a local printer.
- Select add a local printer.
- Now, select Use an existing port (USB001: Virtual printer port for USB), and then click Next.
- You have to now click on Windows Update.
- Wait for some time till the printer driver is update.
- Click your printer’s company name in the manufacturers pane and select your printer name.
- Now, press the next button option and follow all the instructions coming on the computers screen.
- Your driver is installed.
- For few seconds disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it to make your printer work.
The same goes with the Windows 7 and Vista. We hope this article has helped you in connecting your printer and computer using USB.