How to Reset HP Printer to Factory Settings?
Whenever there is a debate on the most useful machine, printers always top the list. Because with the help of printers we can print anything we want in high quality, speed, scanning and printing in same machine, affordable ranges and a lot more features make them top the list.
But if you have any problem with your printer, you can always contact the best HP Printer Repair near me. You can also try to resolve the printer error on your own. All you have to do is to reset the printer or its factory settings.
Since every printer has different ways to reset its factory settings, we have covered them all for you in this article.
Well, let’s start learning!
What is the right Time to Reset & Restart –
In case your printer is not working properly then the first step is to reset the factory settings. It is one of the easiest methods to reset the factory setting of your printer. For some printer brands resetting factory settings is quite easy and in some printers it is complex.
It is also possible that same brand printers with different model are also hard to reset. To get rid of such things you have to ensure that you have to keep your printer always with proper maintenance, fresh ink and toner cartridges.
Here are few tricks to reset the printer of various manufacturers.
Reset Factory Default setting on an HP printer?
As per the HP support care system you have to restore the factory set defaults to reset the reset the page count, tray size, its language, and other things inside the printer. To restore your printer, you have to follow the steps
- Switch off your printer.
- Disconnect all the power cables.
- Wait for few seconds and then replug all the cables again.
- You have to switch on the printer and hold the resume button for 30 seconds at least.
- Notice whether the attention light will turn on.
- You have to release the resume button. While the attention and ready light cycles are on your printer is resetting the factory defaults.
Reset factory default settings for Canon PIXMA printers?
- You will notice a set up button on the screen of your printer display.
- Select the settings and then select for device settings.
- Now, select the reset settings to reset it all.
- Click on the ok button and press the yes button.
- After restarting your printer, you have to set up the process again.
Reset factory default settings for Brother HL-L2350DW / HL-L2370DW / HL-L2370DW XL printers?
- You have to navigate the initial setup and press ok.
- Reset it and press the ok button.
- Choose the type of reset you want to do on your printer and press the ok button.
- Now, you have to press the down button twice.
- And go for yes option again.
Reset factory default settings for Samsung printers?
You can reset the Samsung printers in two different ways:
Basic Resetting of your printer –
- Quickly press the keys – MENU # 1 9 3 4.
- A tech option will appear on your desktop.
- You have to select the menu key and press enter.
- Again, you will see the option of tech mode.
- Press the < key twice.
- An operator panel will show the option of New Cartridge.
- Select the Enter option.
- The panel will show a yes option.
- You have to again press enter.
- And, you can easily exist this mode by pressing menu #1 9 3 4 again.
Steps to Manually Reset the Process –
- Press and hold the power button till your printer’s LED switched off.
- You have to detach the power cables and leave the printer unplugged.
- Wait for few minutes and plugin back into your printer.
- Now, press and hold the button for 2-3 seconds.
You can try printing your test documents to check whether the issue is resolved or not.