How to Fix Damaged Canon Ink Cartridge?
Printers nowadays are multi-tasking and made our work a lot easier. We can scan the documents, print any logo, image or document, prints can be done in black and white or colored way, and so on. And, sometimes these perfect machines suddenly stop working. There can be common reasons behind it or some complex reasons as well.
In this article, we will help you learn more about the alternatives ways to remove the one or more than one cartridge.
You can read this article and try it all but the other easy way is to search for Canon Printer Repair Nashua. Or you can search in your browser as – printer repair services near me.
Here, let’s start:
Now, without wasting time let’s move forward:
- Press the power button to turn on your printer.
- Now, you have to lift the cartridge access door and make sure that it sits exactly in the correct slots.
- Now carefully match the colors and icons on the cartridge with the slot having same icons and shapes in the slot.
- Press the cartridge sticking out.
- And, if the cartridge is not settled then you have to readjust the cartridges accordingly.
Follow the steps written below to readjust the cartridges:
- In the first step, you have to gently remove the cartridge.
- Now, bend the tab away from the cartridge. But be careful that you don’t press the tab with high pressure on it.
- You might have to reinstall the cartridges again if they didn’t settle in the right place.
- Close the access door of the carriage.
- Now, check the product control panel display.
- After performing these steps, if the error is dissipated then its good! If the error message is not disappeared then you have to press the power button to turn off the power of your printer.
- Wait for almost 30 seconds and again turn on your printer.
- Again, if the same error persists then you can move on to the next solution.
Make sure that the latch holding the printhead of the carriage is closed currently. Because improperly raised latch can also result I the inappropriate seated cartridge and printing problems. And to install the cartridges correctly make sure the latch is down.
- Take a lint-free cloth and soaked it 40% with distilled water.
- Lift the carriage access door, set it in the place and turn off your printer.
- You have to press the tab present on the front of the cartridge to release and remove it from the slot.
- Carefully, wipe all electrical contacts with a lint free cloth.
- You have to reinstall the cartridge till it seats firmly in the slot.
- You can now close the cartridge access door.
- You have to turn off the product by pressing the power button.
- Now, check the control panel of the product.
We are performing the above steps because in most of the printers printhead just need cleaning. It also depends on the model of your printer.
CAUTION: When you perform the cleaning process you have to be sure that you never leave the cartridge for more than 30 minutes. More than 30 minutes can damage both your printer and its cartridges.