With the latest technology in use, every machine is becoming multi-tasking. And similarly, printers are multi-tasking they can scan and they can print. Printers which can print and scan are handy and easy to use. They make our work a lot easier. But it is also true that scanners can stop working anytime. And all the work done by the scanner is stopped such as:
Scanning a document for copying purposes.
Scanning a document into your computer for editing purposes.
Thus, here are some ways to solve the non-working of your scanner:
Troubleshooting Your Windows Device –
- Windows always offer troubleshooting methods; thus, it can eradicate scanner issues.
- Just type troubleshoots in the search window and select printer from the given options.
- Or you can click on the printer icon and can directly go to the printing solution.
- Press the button to run the troubleshooter.
- The Windows troubleshooter will guide you step by step to help you detect the problem in the scanner.
- If your scanner works in order again then there is nothing to worry about.
Update the Driver for Your Scanner –
- The first step is to update the Windows update.
- Type “Windows Update” on the Windows update program.
- Now, click the option in Windows Update to check for updates.
- You can use the device manager to check the scanner software.
- Use the device manager to check the driver for an individual device.
- You have to type device manager in the search box.
- Now, click the device manager program.
- A list will display showing different scanners’ names.
- Select your device and right-click on it to open the option to update the driver software.
- You will also get the option of an automatic search for the most compatible driver. You just have to select the option of automatic search. It will allow Windows Microsoft’s software registry to get the best driver.
Other Steps to make your Scanner Work –
- If you have anti-virus software installed on your computer then you have to ensure the application’s detection database is always updated.
Just scan your system and if any malware is found then delete it immediately.
- And, if your scanner is connected using a USB try with another cable to check whether the USB cable or USB port is defective or not.
- Check for the scanner glass; remove all the dirt and debris if present there.
- Make sure that your scanner is not displaying error messages indicating hardware issues.
- In case, your scanner is connected to a laptop, then try making the following changes:
- You have two types of power-saving modes in a laptop; select the one best suitable for you.
- Choose the power saver option and then pick a power plan.
- Select the power-saving options.
Though, it is not confirmed that it will work but there is no harm in trying it.
If the scanner is still not working then try contacting the best Printer Repair Lincoln – A1 Printer Repair.