It happens with many printer users that suddenly their printer starts showing offline irrespective of the fact that it is actually online. Here we will help you with solutions leading to how to get your HP printer back online.
And the worst part is when the bill increases due to the correction of such small errors again and again. And, to solve this small problem we are here with quick solutions you can use to fix this printer an offline error.
But before solutions let’s learn about the reasons:
- Sometimes due to loose cable or defected cable or lose cable.
- Paper jamming.
How can I make my printer offline to online again?
Follow each step to fix your printer status from offline to online.
Check your Printer’s Cables –
You have to check the USB cable from both ends that are well-connected and not loose. If your printer is connected to an Ethernet cable then you have to make sure that this cable is connected well.
If it is not working then you must try connecting a new USB cord.
Manually Set the Printer to “Online” –
- Click on the start button and open the control panel then select the devices and printers’ option.
- Now, you have to right-click the printer not working and see what’s printing.
- You have to choose the printer option from the menu bar.
- You have to select the printer from the menu bar at the top.
- Now choose the use printer online option from the drop-down menu that appears on your screen.
- You have to remove all pending printing jobs.
- If there are any ongoing jobs then you have to cancel all of them.
- After canceling all the present jobs, you have to select the use printer online option again.
Move on to the next step if the error is still present or you can contact the Printer Repair Scranton.
Eliminate and Reinstall Your Printer –
- You have to right-click on the printer from devices and printers.
- Select the remote device.
- You have to now add the printer again by selecting add a printer option from devices and printers.
- Right-click the printer from Devices and Printers and select “Remove device”.
- Now add the printer again by selecting the Add a Printer option from Devices and Printers.
Remove Printer Drivers and Packages –
- You have to sign in as Admin while using Windows.
- Now you have to type CMD in the search bar.
- And with the prompt command open on your screen you have to type “printui /s /t2” along with spaces to open the print server properties Window.
- You can now remove the driver and package for the printer.
- Add your printer by selecting add a printer from devices and printer.
- Now, your printer’s online status is online and it will allow you to print.
Last Method to Try:
And, if your issue is not resolved then feel free to contact the toll-free number +1(928) 514-2464.
- Click on the start button and open the control panel to select devices and printers.
- The search bar opens in devices and printers and type printers to open the setting menu.
- You have to right-click on the icon of your printer.
- Now click on the what’ printing option.
- You can also left-click and select manage device.
- You have to click on the printer menu in the Window, which opens and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.”
- If there are any items in the queue for printing then your printer will print.
To this end, we are sure that you are able to pull off the reasons and solution – Why My Printer is Offline?
You are free to call on our toll-free number +1(928) 514-2464 or contact Printer Repair Lakewood.