Do you know, like as computer, printer’s do have IP address? Learn the easiest ways to your printer’s IP address.
Do you know that, like computers, printers do have IP addresses? Learn the easiest way to find your printer’s IP address.
Every printer connected to the internet has an IP address. Without it, print jobs cannot be sent to your printer. Knowing the IP address can be helpful if you need to install the printer on a different computer, fix connection issues, or connect new devices to your computer. When it comes to printer issues, it is useful for diagnosing IT issues and troubleshooting common printer problems.
Furthermore, if you are encountering connection issues, knowing your IP address can help you change it from dynamic to static.
If you are searching for how to find HP printer IP addresses, this article takes you through several ways to find HP printer IP addresses with ease.
Why Is It Important to Know Your Printer’s IP Address?
Knowing how to find your printer’s IP address is the first step in resolving any technical glitches with your printer. It is vital to know your device’s IP address in the following cases:
- Fix connection issues.
- Connect new devices to your printer.
- Sharing a printer with another user.
- Troubleshooting printer-related issues.
What Is an IP Address On a Printer?
Wondering what is an IP address? Internet Protocol or IP address acts as an identifier and instructs how to find the printer on the network. It a unique address assigned to all devices present on network. This 12-digit number is used to connect your printer to the internet or a device. Knowing a printer’s IP address helps you reach solutions faster and quickly.
How to Find the IP Address of Your Printer?
Do you need to find your printer’s IP address? Finding an IP address is useful in setting up a network printer on the network, sharing a printer with another user, resolving technical issues with your printer, securing a private connection with your printer, and connecting it to your Wi-Fi network.
A printer’s IP address can be found from a computer, directly from the printer, on your web browser, using the Command Prompt, or on your router.
Here are 6 different ways to find your printer’s IP address:
Method 1: How to Find HP Printer IP Address On Windows 10?
Here’s how to find the IP address of an HP printer in Windows 10:
- On the Start menu, navigate to “Control Panel.”
- Open “Hardware and Sound.”
- Then, open “Devices and Printers.”
- Right-click the printer and select “Properties.”
- If three tabs pop up, look for your IP address in the “Web Services” tab.
- If five tabs pop up, look for your IP address in the “Ports” tab.
- Under the “Troubleshooting Information” panel, find your unique local IP address.
Method 2: How to Find HP Printer IP Address On Windows 11?
Here’s how to find the IP address of an HP printer on Windows 11:
- Navigate to the “Start” menu on the taskbar.
- Here, click on “Settings.”
- Click on “Bluetooth & Devices.”
- Again, click on “Printers & Scanners.”
- The list of all available printers will be displayed.
- Select your printer model from the list.
- Click on “Printer Properties” to display the properties window.
- Here, click on the “General” tab.
- In the Location field, check the IP address of your printer.
Now, that you know how to find your printer’s IP address on Windows 10 and 11, the next step is to learn how to find your printer’s IP address on Mac OS.
Method 3: How to Find an HP Printer IP Address on Mac OS
Here’s how to find the IP address of an HP printer on Mac OS:
- Go to the “Apple” icon and select “System Preferences.”
- This will open a system settings window with various options.
- Now, click “Printers and Scanners.”
- Select the HP printer you want to see the IP address for.
- Note the printer’s IP address next to the location in the information panel.
You have learned how to find your HP printer IP address location using a Mac computer. In the next method, find your IP address using your router.
Method 4: Find the HP Printer IP Address from Your Router
Whether you are using a Mac or Windows PC, you can always find your HP printer IP address by accessing your router. The router manages all network traffic. To access the HP printer IP address using a router, you need to log in to the router by entering its administrator ID and password. In order to access the router’s user interface, enter the router’s default gateway address: “192.168.1.1,” 192.168.0.1,” “192.168.2.1,” and “10.0.0.1.”
Here’s how you can do it:
- Type the router’s default gateway address into the address bar of any web browser.
- Log in to your router using “username” and “password.”
- Look for the DHCP client table or client list in the local network section.
- Click on your printer.
- Next to the location, you will see your IP address.
Method 5: HP Printer IP Address Using the Windows Command Prompt
A quick method to find the IP address of an HP printer is to use the Windows command prompt. This method works for both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Here’s how you can perform the steps:
- Go to the “Start” menu and type “cmd” in the search box.
- Type the command prompt “ipconfig” and press “Enter.”
- Copy your IPv4 gateway address.
- Type “Ping”, followed by your IPv4 address, and press “Enter.”
- This will ping your router.
- Now, type “arp -a” and press “Enter.”
- This will display a list of all devices connected to your network.
- Open any web browser.
- Copy and paste the dynamic IP address that the arp command provided.
- If the IP opens a printer setup page, that should be your printer’s IP address.
Method 6: Find the HP Printer IP Address from the Network Configuration Page
The IP address of a printer can usually be found on the configuration page printed by almost all printers. The configuration page can generally be printed from the Settings or Setup pages of your printer if it has a user interface (UI).
- Open “Control Panel” on your printer.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Click “Wireless Settings.”
- Print a page called Network Configuration, which will contain your printer’s IP address.
Where is HP Printer IP address? Contact the A1 Printer Team!
“Knowing Your Printer’s IP Address Can Help in Troubleshooting All Kinds of Network Issues.”
Fix IP address conflicts, IP address exhaustion issues, IP addresses that could not be found, sharing problems, slow internet problems, and network problems with the help of the A1 Printer Repair USA team. Armed with deeper knowledge of how to fix IP address unavailable issues, IP address not found errors, IP address conflicts in Windows 10, and so on, A1 Printer technicians can troubleshoot each and every technical issue you may face during printer setup and sharing on the network.
So, whenever you feel like trouble, call us at our toll-free number, + 1(928) 514-2464, to get in touch with A1 Printer Repair Agents.
FAQs on the HP Printer IP Address
Here are answers to some common questions about IP addresses:
Q1. How do I locate the IP address on my printer using a router?
Ans. Follow these steps to find the IP address of a printer using your router:
- Enter 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of any browser.
- Type the router’s “username” and “password.”
- Open the DHCP client table or client list in the local network section.
- Click on your printer to find your IP address.
Q2. How do I find the IP address of my HP printer?
Ans. Follow the steps mentioned below to find your HP printer’s IP address:
- Open the HP Smart app or go to any web browser and enter www.hpsmart.com.
- “Sign in” or create an account, as the case may be.
- Select “Printer Settings.”
- Select “Printer Reports” under “Tools.”
- Select “Network Configuration.”
- The network configuration page contains your IP address in the “IPv4” section.